Herbal Care for Radiation Exposure was the show topic on Herbal Prepper Live this past September 3rd. Heightened tensions brewing between the US and North Korea, as well as between the US and Iran, has many of us on edge.
Herbal Care for Radiation Exposure
The possibility of a nuclear event, fallout, and radiation exposure are growing concerns to many preppers. Because of this, I put this show together for you. This episode covered a lot of practical ground. We explored:
- Overall readiness (or not) of the United States medical system for a nuclear event
- Current/potential threats, including-
- Attack at a nuclear facility
- Accident at a nuclear facility
- Attack by another nation
- An improvised weapon used in a terrorist attack
- A terrorist attack with ”dirty bomb”
- Acute Radiation Syndrome
And most of all…
- Evidence-based ideas for herbal and natural care
Herbal Prepper Live 9-3-17
Links & Resources from the Episode
During the show, I gave a lot of links to various reports and studies. Because nuclear events are so rare, I certainly do not have first hand experience with herbal medicine post-nuclear detonation. However, I found a lot of reliable information. Some of this research is based off events at Chernobyl, while others are based on radiation exposure of cancer patients.
Here they are:
- US cities are not medically prepared for a nuclear detonation
- Truck carrying radioactive material stolen in Mexico, 9 states on high alert
- Potassium iodide protects your thyroid gland from radiation
- Liquid bentonite clay I mentioned during the show
- Evaluation of Chlorella as a Decorporation Agent to Enhance the Elimination of Radioactive Strontium from Body
- Chlorella powder I store
- Spirulina provides protection to the body from radiation from cancer treatments
- Spirulina powder I store
- The adaptive potentials of those who worked in the cleanup of the aftermath of the accident at the Chernobyl Atomic Electric Power Station under the influence of different treatment methods
- Test on guinea pigs showed they lived longer after exposure when they ate broccoli or cabbage
- Gluten free and soy free miso found here
- The protective properties of pine pollen
- The Healing Power of Ginseng & The Tonic Herbs, Paul Bergner
Want to learn even more?
Are you ready to kick your preparedness level into high gear? A great place to start is my Herbal Skills Intensive course. This is an 8-week herbal boot camp that will teach you the skills to make safe and effective herbal medicine. Check out the Herbal Skills Intensive course description page for a full description of all the course offers. Also, please check out both of my books, Prepper’s Natural Medicine, and Prepping for a Pandemic. These are must have books for your prepper library!